Monday, February 18, 2008

Oops!!



So the boys hair has been getting long and we took it upon ourselves to cut it, as you can see. Papa took the first swipe on Addai when we realized that the clipper guard was a little too short to say the least. Well then mohawks it is, all around. Kinda forgot that our social worker comes in 2 days for our follow-up appt to the adoption. Hope she has an open mind or is gullable enough to think it is a "tribal" thing!


The boys are okay with the haircuts and Papa goes to get his mohawk done in a few days. Ezra really requested a star and Addai a cross, but hey we only have so much talent in this house!


Finally found a food that at least Addai is crazy about, PB&J. Go figure. I gave him one half sandwich at lunch figuring it would go over like a lead balloon. When he had finished, in record time, he asked for 2 more!


We watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe from the Chronicles of Narnia tonight. I have read a few of the books but have never seen the movie. It was really great and the boys seemed to enjoy it. About 3/4 of the way through we paused the movie and explained to them the parallel the story has with the Bible. They really know their Bible stories and I think they really understand a lot of the meaning behind the movie. It also made it less scary for them to put it into these terms, Jesus versus Satan.


Ezra's ear infection is getting better and his hearing seems a little better. We follow up with the doctor in about another week and are praying for his hearing to return to 100%.


That's all for now from the Lew Crew. I am sure there will be new adventures tomorrow to report!


Steph

2 comments:

Donna Barber said...

Done that! My son wouldnt go to school for a week. love the haircuts!!!

Amber G. said...

I love your updates (had to let you know I was out here reading them! :)

I tried to give Henry a haircut last week and ended up butchering it. He had bald spots all over and my husband had to fix it. I can't figure out how I messed it up since it seemed so simple... just buzz with the clippers!! Oh well, I guess it will take some practice and until I get it down, he'll just have really, really short hair!

Amber G
http://skywardjourney.wordpress.com